Our ongoing Bible reading has a dual purpose:
- To know Christ – through the reading of His Word
- To make Him known – through support of missions
We have identified five projects of DOVE Missions Africa (DMA) that are in need of funds. (Some names and locations are vague for security reasons).
- On the scenic island of Lamu in the Indian Ocean, George and Doris are reaching Islamic children at Hope Academy. But the school roof is leaking, and when it rains, classes are very disrupted. We want to help them repair the roof.
- Anole, a remote desert village, is home to a DMA clinic that provides medical service to the nearby communities. Funds are needed to buy medicine for the clinic.
- Martin and Liz give leadership to Joy Nursery School in a refugee camp that is home to tens of thousands who have fled to Uganda from South Sudan. Conditions in the camp are disparaging. Many children need sponsorship so that they can buy the required school uniforms and school books; we want to help get these children in school.
- DMA personnel in northeastern Kenya teach vocational skills to local women. They are renting a room for the sewing machines, but need to put up a small training center that will provide more space and freedom
- Nekesa and her husband are reaching villagers in Faza Island with agricultural training, education and private discipleship. Living conditions there are quite challenging. They need a water tank to be able to store rain water that can be used in the dry season.
So in addition to the benefits that we here in Nairobi are gaining from reading God’s Word, we are also fund-raising. We invite you to send a generous donation. You can use the “donate” button on the right or send a check written to DOVE International (11 Toll Gate Rd, Lititz, PA 17543); earmark DMA Read-a-Thon or any of the specific projects listed above.
THANK YOU! We are very grateful for your participation.